And since Nolan's birthday is right after his, I decided might as well get started on these shindigs.
Since it will be so hot in August I thought that a Splash Pad Party would be perfect. I called the city and booked the last pavilion. Man I had no idea how fast these get booked! There is also an awesome playground next to the splash pad so the kiddos will have their choices of fun. (Sidenote--I would have had the party at our house, but now that my mom group keeps adding babies the group is getting really large. It will be so much easier having it somewhere with unlimited space, plus I don't have to keep my house sparkling while planning a party or think of activities to entertain the kids!)
I also think I've nailed down a theme---a Whale Party! Since Conley's room is an ocean type theme, and we'll be at a splash pad I thought it would be the perfect combo for our little guy.
I am pretty sure I'm going to order the banner from the same place I bought Nolan's last year:
Here are a few other ideas I've been pinning:
Now believe me I will not be all fancy like these...especially since we'll be at a playground. I'm thinking of having a big plastic bin or maybe a metal one with ice and all the drinks...and maybe some colorful icey pops!
Hopefully it will be a "Whale of a Time!" :)
Natalie




So cute!! I love the whale theme and it'll be so perfect for a Splash Pad party!!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! It will be perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! And I have to admit I'm kinda jealous of the August birthday. It's gonna be tough finding something new each year for our January bday for Drew! That orange and aqua color scheme is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! I love it!
ReplyDeleteOh, this will be so so cute!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to see how this party goes and the decorations you find.
3 words: whale cake pops
challenge issued :)
This sounds like the perfect summer party! I am all for hosting parties outside the home. I think it is better for all involved to not have mommy freaking out over space and clutter, etc. The whale theme is darling for a little boy too!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute idea! And, WOW, are you on the ball or what?! Have fun planning!
ReplyDeleteWow Natalie you are really on top of things!! A party at the splash pad sounds perfect for a hot summer day. And I like the idea of not having to clean your house and host a ton of people and all the kids! A whale theme is such a cute idea! You are so creative! You do such a good job planning parties and thinking of all the details I know it will be amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute party idea! We did a crab party last year and I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one starting to plan an August birthday party! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat awesome ideas. That sounds so fun to have it at the splash pad. And you are on the ball!! Great job!
ReplyDeletexo
So cute! They have so many inspiring ideas for children's birthday parties nowadays. Love the whale theme!
ReplyDeleteDying over the cuteness!! Seriously, so adorable we can hardly stand it! :)-The Dose Girls
ReplyDeletei like the theme and the color combo too, the pop of orange. Girl, this post got me thinking that I need to plan my girls birthday too she'll be 3 come August as well.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that his first birthday is SO close!!! I love the theme, and what a great place to have it! I am sure it will be a great time!
ReplyDeleteDang lady you are on top of things!!! Very cute theme and what fun to do at a splash park! That's a good thing about August birthdays is we can always count on warm weather!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute theme! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. And look at you party planning already!
ReplyDeleteI love the theme, adorable!
ReplyDeleteMy boy is turning 1 in less than 4 weeks. Isn't that crazy?
Such a great theme! That first year goes by so fast!
ReplyDeleteOh I just love this idea!! Perfect for an August birthday :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable! It's always kind of bitter sweet planning birthday parties, but I'm sure they enjoy all the fun they have. Love the whale theme, seriously cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute and adorable ideas!!! I have another 6 months before the next party:)
ReplyDeleteWhat cute and adorable ideas!!! I have another 6 months before the next party:)
ReplyDeleteOh I love the whale theme! How cute! And it is hard to believe he is turning one! I started following you right around the time he was born. In some ways, it seems like it is impossible it's already been a year, and in others, it seems longer than that!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I can't get over how quickly times flies! Speaking of which, my oldest will be 13 on Wednesday. How?!?!
ReplyDeletecan't believe he'll be ONE soon!!! i agree with you- i'm in denial too. it feels like it was just yesterday!!! and how cute is the whale theme. love it!
ReplyDeleteI am all for having parties not at my house if possible-- so very smart lady. Sounds like it will be a very cute party.
ReplyDeleteI'm just loving the ideas you're gathering for the party, but WHAT??? He's nearly one!!!
ReplyDeleteCute!! loving the ideas for his party!
ReplyDelete