Lately I feel like I can't write. I'm not sure if it's the winter blues, but when I sit down to write a blog post my mind has been blank.
I've heard other bloggers talk about this recently so maybe it's the shorter and colder days?
Anyhow, it snowed here on Sunday with a light dusting and then was gone within an hour so little Nolan didn't get to play in it.
Speaking of that, do you guys have boots or snow type shoes for your kiddos? We don't because last year we had such a mild winter. Now I'm thinking I should get some just in case.
I've literally not taken many photos this year. However joining Instagram has made me take photos with my phone, so that counts right?
Conley will be 6 months this Thursday. Over the weekend we started him on his first bites of solids. Here was his first reaction:
After the first go around he seemed to warm up to the idea. We tried pears and butternut squash...next up bananas and apples!
I also caught my boy's chubby cheeks with my camera phone!
Can't believe this guy will be 6 months this week! Where does the time go?
How was your weekend my friends?
Natalie
time flies really fast when you're enjoying, it seems just like yesterday that you give birth to him and look at him already turning 6 months!
ReplyDeletehis reaction on the first photo is hilarious, gotta show him that face when he's grown up.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThose cheeks are so cute! Aubrey still has some chunky cheeks and I still love to smooch them like crazy!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the instagram... I have only taken out my DSLR a handful of times since getting my iphone.
Time really does fly!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay, solids! Such a fun time.
And the not-being-able-to-write thing? Normal, totally.
Ha! I wrote about something similar today! Great minds think alike.
ReplyDeleteI love that you're on Instagram :)
It's so not even that I have a shortage of things I WANT to write about, I just don't feel like taking the time to write them! I think in my case a lot comes from having sick kids for so long. I am just WORN OUT! I think it's normal, especially when you have two (very adorable) little ones draining so much of your brain power every day! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh my word love the cheeks!!
ReplyDeleteBoots?
ReplyDeleteBoy....do I have stinking boots.
We got the straight up winter boots - good up to 40 below Celsuis. we go the "basics" winter boot, which are for milder days or when they are just going to be going from the car to inside. we got the winter-to-spring winter boots for that finicky change of season. And then we need winter rain boots, and summer rain boots.
I am lousy with boots.
Hey sweetcheeks! try the sweet potato - it's awesome!
I'm also feeling a little writers block these days, but I'm trying not to stress about it. It just means we are spending more quality time with our little guys! I can't believe Conley is almost 6 months old!!! He is so stinking adorable I can't hardly take it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!!!! I know what you mean- in the winter IJust want to lay on the couch, watch movies, and eat snacks! Not great for the figure! ;)
ReplyDeleteDon't even get me started on how quickly time flies!
ReplyDeleteI have had a serious case of the winter blues. It's awful. And I have noticed that with each year it gets worse. I need to move to my own island!
Totally understand on the winter blues. Sometimes I just feel so blah. ANd no one really wants to read a blah blog post ya know...
ReplyDeletematthew loves bananas they are still his favorite.
ReplyDeleteI definitely think it's the winter blues. The short days make it hard to get anything done! When it's dark out I don't feel like being productive...I just want to curl up under a blanket and read or watch tv :) I can't believe Conley is almost 6 months!! I feel like he was just born!!
ReplyDeleteGirl, I can so relate about the writing thing. Just opening my blog makes my brain freeze and it's such a struggle to come up with something to write. I don't know if it's winter or just burnout or what. But I hope the fog lifts soon!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious boy! Growing so fast!
ReplyDeleteI'm with ya on the writing front and we aren't even really having "winter" around here. I guess it's just a blogging phase that I hit every few months. Right now I think it's just the time. I'm either tired or want/need to focus on other, more pressing things.
Hey Natalie! Oh I totally understand the blogging slump, I am in one too, if it wasn't for my holiday posts I don't think I'd have any inspiration lol
ReplyDeleteBaby Conley is so very cute and no way is he 6 months!!! Time needs to slow down...
How has it been 6 months already? I'm still in denial that my "baby" is over a year old. Sigh...it does go by too fast. I'm with you on the Winter Blues, I want to do nothing but stay home in my PJ's with a cup of tea or hot chocolate.
ReplyDeleteWe are in the same predicament. I've managed a few posts, but nothing like I was doing. I figure I need a good vacation and then I'll be back :)
ReplyDeleteI've definitely been a blogging slump, as I've mentioned. I just don't want to write anything that isn't of substance :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute- I love that last photo!
ReplyDelete