As my little boys grow, I realize it's the little moments I want to freeze in time.
--Nolan's favorite song is "50 Ways to Say Goodbye" by Train. He will continually ask for the "Help Me" song when I'm at the computer or we're in the car. Not sure if it's the mariachi sound in the beginning or the fact it mentions a cement mixer and an airplane all in the same song. Whatever it is...he just loves to dance to this song.
--Conley's big smile and laugh. He loves when you make faces at him, and I can really get him laughing when he's in the stroller and we're out and about. It makes my heart happy to see him smiling so big.
--The funny faces Nolan makes or his funny eye batting he does. Watch out girls---he's a ladies man with those doe eyes!
--Rockin' little Conley. I know days can be hectic...but nothing is more sweet than looking at my little boy's angel face as he's cuddling on mommy's chest.
--Nolan loving to play hide and seek under our covers. He begs and begs for us to play "covers" where he will literally sit with the sheet over his head and act like we can't see him. It is the sweetest game, and he laughs and laughs when we find him. Of course then we are requested to hide under the covers too :)
Last night I was thinking how fast the boys grow...and it's fun to watch them learn new things, but it also makes me sad because these moments are fleeting and before I know it they'll be teenagers.
What moments are you soaking in lately?
Natalie

a.jpg)
Oh, I miss those baby cuddles!
ReplyDeleteAll of them, I'm soaking in ALL the moments.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Sweet boys:)
ReplyDeleteme too Natalie! My little guy turned 4 months yesterday and while I Love that he is healthy and growing- it did make my heart hurt a little. Can't he stay my little baby forever? :)
ReplyDeleteThe last picture - gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying today because daddy is home and doing...well, everything. Besides giving me rest...it means I can step back and actually SEE things. When I am in full on "mom mode" I am too busy and can miss all the great moments. These kind of days are great for helping keep things in perspective.
also...still in pj's.
Darn good day.
It's so hard to go through the everyday and not soak everything in, but I definitely WANT to...I am soaking in the fact that my baby is going to be 2 tomorrow ! This morning I made sure to snuggle her and teake in the smell of her and enjoy the last day that by baby will ever be 1.
ReplyDeleteI miss the baby cuddles. Soak it up!!! Such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI miss the baby cuddles. Soak it up!!! Such a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteWow, you littles are absolutely adorable! Can't wait to read more! Newest follower.
ReplyDeleteAs you know Natalie, I have a teenager, a 9 yr old boy and a 2 yr old toddler and each one of them has me soaking up so many different things with such diverse ages. The time does fleet by, but it can be fun and exciting too and you will cherish each stage and not realise life is changing until you look back at baby pictures and go "no way were they that small!!"
ReplyDeleteAnd just quietly (and this is not saying anything against daughters, because they too are awesome) but boys are just the sweetest when they're little mummy boys ;)
:) I've started an Evernote note with things I want to remember. Specifically, the way Cameron uses words. But there are so many other things I want to remember too.
ReplyDeleteToday's memory I never want to let go of is seeing my husband play on the floor with the baby before going to work. It was breathtaking.
This is so heartwarming. It really is all about soaking in all those little moments. Enjoy your sweet boys!
ReplyDelete♥ Talia
http://rubytiaradiaries.blogspot.com
I love all the little moments! With my boy I feel like I have more perspective and am able to relax and enjoy the small moments more. It's been years since my girls were little and I'm constantly noticing how grown up they are - it makes me want the boy to never grow up! Your boys are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteLove this!! So true! There are days that my heart literally aches at how fast time is going. Every stage is important and rewarding but the little stages are so swweeet! Even though my baby is 3.5, he loves to be rocked. We sing the same list of songs every night. Sometimes when I an tired and just want to speed it up, I remind myself how precious and fleeting this time is. Then we sing a few extras. ;)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love that your blogging about these little moments :) It makes me excited for the days when I get to have these little moments with kiddos of my own!
ReplyDeletethe sweetest and the cutest boys.
ReplyDeletefor sure they will thank you for all this blog post you've written for them when they're teenagers.
happy weekend!
btw, i just added your badge to mine. :)
Such a sweet post and yes it does go fat so definitely have to enjoy and cherish it. Right now I cherish that after Ryder wakes from his nap he just likes to sit and cuddle with me for a long time. I love it
ReplyDeleteLove this post my little guy is only 5months and it really is all about little moments!!
ReplyDeleteI love that he knows you are there and wants to pretend to hide. So cute!
ReplyDelete