This weekend sped by faster than usual. Friday I was busy whipping up a meal for a lovely friend of mine who just had her baby girl #2 a few weeks ago. I feel the biggest gift you can give a mom (especially one with a toddler and a newborn) is food! I know that it really helped me out when I had my second baby.
On Saturday, my mother-in-law came to pick up Nolan to stay at her house. She offered to do this because Conley was getting baptized on Sunday morning, and she figured it would help us out to get just one child ready for church (and boy did it!)
So with just one child on Saturday we ventured out to some stores and even ate at a new Mexican restaurant that had opened up a few months ago. We went at like 4pm so we wouldn't have to wait...yes I know eating like an old married couple...but when you have kiddos you've gotta do what you've gotta do!
Sunday we dressed little man all in white and met the my in-laws and Nolan at the church. The baptism went great...but I tell you sitting up front (we usually sit in the back since we have kids) is stressful. Trying to keep a toddler quiet, and a baby happy by continuously bouncing and moving this way and that...well it just tires me out. I always have anxiety when I know I've got a big event coming up, and I'm also relieved when it's over and crossed off the list. Don't get me wrong, the baptism was beautiful and Conley did wonderful...and I did tear up when the priest was blessing him. It's just the time building up to the day always has me worried on how it's going to go. And usually everything goes fine...I'm just a person that likes to get it crossed off the list...anyone else feel like this? This week isn't slowing down either. Today Conley had his 6 month appointment and shots...Nolan has Little Gym tonight, tomorrow my mother-in-law is watching the boys so we can have an early Valentine's dinner, Thursday I'm hosting a play date at our house, and Saturday I've got a morning event so I'm leaving both boys with daddy.
Looks like February is going to be a blur for this household...how about yours?
Natalie

I feel like everything is a blur right now! And I'm guessing it just gets busier with two! But you are rocking that mother of two business!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you on crossing stressful things off my list! I'm so glad it all went well for you. The boys were looking handsome as usual in their Sunday best:)
ReplyDeleteI agree completely on the food sentiment! Who wants to cook when you're busy with two or more little ones and trying to figure it all out again?? My friend did something so cool - not only did she bring me like 3 meals, she gave me a gift of a pre-assembled "shelf" meal made of all dry ingredients, so I could make it whenever I wanted. It saved me one night for sure!
ReplyDeleteOh and yes, I cannot believe it's already almost hte middle of the month. Time goes too quickly!!
ReplyDeleteI so feel like you do! When something big is coming up that requires a lot of planning it can be stressful. I know I worry too much about how it's going to go and I need to remember to stop but it is honestly a relief when it is all over!
ReplyDeleteGlad the baptism went well! Hopefully life will start to calm down a bit for you!
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy momma!! I love the family pictures from Conley's baptism! and I am the same way about big events...I always get a nervous feeling in my stomach and then I just want them to be over! I hate anticipation, so I think that's what makes me feel like that.
ReplyDeleteThis month will just fly by for you!
ReplyDeleteAlso? You're looking fab.
(my husband and I, if we do go out and eat, we eat early too, hehe)
this month is going way too fast, i agree. and wow just reading this post makes me feel so tired for you. hehe good luck to your week ahead, hope things go well as planned.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on sweet Conley's Baptism, and yes a B L U R. I can't believe we are almost half gone with February.
ReplyDeleteI'm like you "ok, that event is over." And that's before this baby is born...
ReplyDeleteWhich won't be long, considering the c section is schedule for Monday, Feb 18th (when it was originally going to be Feb 28th, but got moved up because of blood pressure issues). So, uhhh, you really want me to answer "how does Feb look like for me"
Scared out of my mind. I've never been around babies and children. I like quiet. I like privacy. And if another person tells me in that "evil laughter wait till you find out" tone about "how much your life is going to change" - I'm going to pull someone's hair out and it won't be mine. Lol.
I am just like you when it comes to the stress about events and managing the kids. We sit in the back all the time--even though D is in the nursery! It's so hard b/c you just don't know what the kids are going to do. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I usually start out with a blank slate of a week but somehow they fill up way too quickly!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! This month will fly by for you for sure! I still can't believe that we're almost halfway through February already!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you had a lovely weekend and everything went great with little man's Baptism...February is a blur, so was January and no doubt March will be too!! Enjoy the rest of your fun yet busy week xo
ReplyDeleteI somehow missed this post last week and just cam across it in my google reader! Whew what a weekend it was! I too am a list crosser offer... I enjoy the event and the planning but I also really enjoy it being done and getting back to the normal!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day! Glad they did well and yes we sit in the middle to back of church usually too.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, totally jealous that your family lives so close.