Well HELLO we are here again. I thought Conley was going to be an easier baby than Nolan, but I have had a wake up call this weekend. He's just the same as Nolan with a louder cry. It's that whole immature digestion system that gets him...and if you've had a baby you know what I am talking about. Every bowel movement is like they are literally dying. I can hear him start squirming in his sleep and know he's dealing with gas and poop. Yesterday he had the biggest yellow diaper that he's had since he has been on this earth.
I'm hoping as he ages that it won't bug him as much, but as of now he's just like his big bro in the needy department.
While the husband was getting gas for the mower last night, I was trying to feed Nolan dinner, keep the baby from crying, and make dinner. I could not even make it back to the stove without Conley losing his $%&$.
Oh and I forgot to mention this was on top of Nolan throwing food and coloring on my door with crayon. Needless to say, time outs have begun in our household.
Anyhow, as Nolan would say, "Be cool."
And here's some hospital pics I just got back from the hospital photographer---I mean I guess it's all worth the trouble when you look at this little cutie!
Here's to a new day my friends---and hopefully less gas in my future :)





That last picture is BEAUTIFUL! And the one of his little feet! LOVE.
ReplyDeleteEverything will level out soon. Having a big girl corporate job is nothing compared to being a mommy of two, huh? :o)
those pictures are so adorable and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteit's what saves them :)
hope it gets a bit easier soon.
Nolan and Donut are so much alike. She was definitely that needy baby and I felt like if she was awake, she was crying. So hard. I'm sorry you're having the same issue with Conley. I hope he gets happy real soon--and gets some gas relief!
ReplyDeleteLOVE those precious pictures of Conley and Nolan is as cute as ever:) I hope that Conley grows out of this stage quickly..Addie had horrible reflux and I just remember how uncomfortable and unsettled she was all of the time:( Thinking about you guys and sending hugs!!!
ReplyDelete1. He is a doll!
ReplyDelete2. Griffin is SO gassy & acts so miserable when he is trying to go to the bathroom--I'm glad he's not the only one!I feel so bad for him!
3. Time outs are occurring more frequently here too. I can't tell if it's because G is approaching 2 or if it's the new baby..or both. Lots of acting out lately!
I am so sorry. I know exactly how this is! My son is allergic to dairy and eggs and has grown out of his soy allergy. His cry is also extremely loud and still is to this day.
ReplyDeleteNow for the pooping, are they hard? My son is constantly constipated so he takes miralax which is a stool softener to help some of it.
Again I am so sorry, because I remember how this was.
oh no, I'm so sorry! That is just so sad when you have to hear your baby cry like that! Gracie did that periodically for a few months. I'll say a prayer he feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. My first was really needy too and I spent a lot of time crying in the beginning out of frustration. hang in there, momma!
ReplyDeleteMy third was my hard one. Thank god I knew she was my last. She didn't have digestive issues, but did have sleep issues. As in she didn't want to and then would get so tired she would just wail instead of sleeping.
ReplyDeleteHang in there Momma!
Just keep looking at those cute pictures!
Oh man - it is hard to have just one sometimes, so I think I will be in for a rude awakening! Love those baby toes!
ReplyDeleteOh momma!!! I bet your days are much more challenging than they used to be. I'm sure it will all work itself out with time. Tell those sweet boys to be nice to their momma!!! The last picture of you and Conley makes me want to cry a little:)
ReplyDeleteLove the hospital pictures. So sorry about the tummy trouble- that does not make it easy. Ryder had horrific reflux as a baby, was put on prolsec (sp?)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, newborns are wonderful and really so so hard at the same time. Hang in there, you can do it!
Hah! I'm so glad I'm through with baby poop and gas!
ReplyDeleteJust LOVE that last picture :)
Sigh. I know how hard it is in the early days especially. I nearly lost MY *&%^ the first month with #2. I dreaded 6pm because that was when he would get fussy and just refused to be put down/ cry/ fuss/ get gassy for two hours, which felt like 6.
ReplyDeleteBUT things DO get easier - and you get better at it. So there's that. Hang on in there!
Lovely pictures too.
I love that last picture! So gorgeous! I'm so sorry I can't offer any words of advice but I'm sending hugs your way. It can only get better, right? :)
ReplyDeleteThe adjustment from 1 to 2 is really hard. I hope it gets easier. I'm sending you big hugs!!
ReplyDeleteOh Natalie..I feel for you. It will pass. The one to two adjustment is a challenge. I think around month 3 is when I finally got the hang of it all. But, you are super mom!
ReplyDeleteLove the toes picture...makes it all worth it!
It will be over soon! You'll see... I am sorry though! I know it seems like forever... so hang in there!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!!!
Big hugs honey. I know where you are I've been there. Those first 12 weeks until their tummies figure it out are rough!!! Evie had major trouble pooping when she was that age. Hang in there and I'll be praying for his tummy to get better!
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures by the way!
I LOVE that last picture! How amazing that your hospital did that for you. That's priceless - especially considering all the gas etc.
ReplyDeleteHope it gets easier and easier!
Oh Natalie you are supermom for handling two little ones that are so close in age! I have no mom advice to give you but I do have to say that little Conley is so stinkin' cute! That last picture of you and Conley is absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteAfter having my second, I realized I don't really enjoy mothering through the first six weeks of a baby's life. Once six weeks hits, I start to feel more comfortable and more connected to my baby. Those first few weeks though are hard!
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of Moms are freaked out when their baby struggles to poop. It is heartbreaking to watch. I hope that everything evens out soon and that your GORGEOUS Conley starts making life a little easier for you!
Oh I'm right there with you! My last 3 babies refused to be put down. But, it does get easier. Promise!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! But I sympathize with you- my second was that way. I'm hoping against hope this third one comes out easy-going. The first month or so is the worst! Hang in there mama.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed that things get better! I give you so much credit being a mom of two!
ReplyDeleteThose are some gorgeous pictures!!! It WILL get better!!! You're going to be a multi-tasking genius before you know it!! Hang in there, girl :)
ReplyDeleteoh you poor thing! my little man was like that. super needy and had serious issues keeping milk down. praying for a break for you! on the other hand, your babies are SO cute!
ReplyDeleteStay strong Natalie!!! You can do it :) It's all character building for when they are older and the attitudes set in...seriously though, you are doing a fantastic job!! And those pics are gorgeous!!
ReplyDelete