Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lately...

The last two weeks have been a blur.  I can't believe I'm a mom to a toddler and a newborn.  It's definitely a lot of multi-tasking and so far, so good.  I've somehow coordinated the boys to nap at the same time which I'm sure will change once the newborn gets out of the sleepy stage.  I have successfully made it out of the house a few times with both boys in tow.  AKA parking right next to the cart return---put baby who is in the carseat in the cart and then Nolan in the front.  Today I managed to get to Mother's Day Out orientation without Nolan having a meltdown.  Can I say I am super nervous about him going?  It's so hard to let someone else care for your child when you are the only one who usually does.  I know...it's the Momma Bear in me!  He starts officially next Tuesday.

I booked Nolan's 2nd birthday party at the local Little Gym.  I cannot believe he's already 22 months old and that I'm planning his 2nd birthday party!  Wasn't he just a baby yesterday? 

I have a feeling that the whole rest of the year is also going to be a blur---now I just need some magic to slow it down.  Fall is my favorite time of year so I can't wait to enjoy the cool, brisk air with my boys.

Oh crap...that means I have to get Halloween costumes for two????  The planning never stops does it? :)

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting it down! And that will be in just a couple short weeks! Except I'll have 3! I can't believe it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed lady!!! Nolan will do great at MDO. I know what you mean though, some days it is so hard for me to leave Evie at her daycare. Even though she loves it, loves the other kids and loves the teachers, it breaks my heart some mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things have been going well! Ohh no the planning never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously just ordered E's costume last night. Outfit planning is such a chore during the fall/holidays! It's craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i hadn't thought about halloween until you mentioned it. ;) but sounds like you're quickly getting acclimated to being a mom to two boys!! go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nolan will LOVE the mother's day out and you will grow to love it too! Trust me..and I only have one at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are rocking it mama! And now I've got to go find a Halloween costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's a very interesting dynamic when you add a baby to your family, particularly when you have a toddler, you feel more confident, yes... but things are way different than you thought they would be... I am happy to see you blogging though... and glad everything is going... well... as it goes when you have a toddler and a baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure we didn't make it out of the house more than twice after we had addie...and that was with 2 of us and only her!! Sounds like you are taking it all in stride...but I hear ya on the MDO...I remember Addie's first day (before she started going full time to "school") and I left her in tears thinking "oh my goodnes, what have i just done." But it was really good for her and she really enjoyed it!!!

    Lis had Trey's birthday party at the Little Gym and it was super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah a Momma of two! So fun, but so busy I bet! You'll get into a groove sooner or later though! Also, you'll have to check out the giveaway on my blog today! Its great for new Mommas! :)

    http://justrainbowsandbutterflys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you are doing an awesome job caring for those little two so far! Kudos to you for getting out and about with both of them... I know some moms who avoid that for weeks and weeks! And I can't believe it's almost time for Nolan's 2nd birthday! Didn't you just post pics from his super cute 1st birthday party?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you're doing great! It's been 3 1/2 months and I have yet to venture out with BOTH the boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't get overwhelmed!! You've got this!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You impress me so much! When it comes time to be a mom of two, I'll definitely be coming your way to get advice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And you posted! You are rocking this Momma and inspiring all of us. I can't wait to see what coordinating costumes you might come up with. :)

    I bet Nolan will have a blast with his new teachers, friends, toys, and activities!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Natalie, so good to hear all is well in your little world of blue and trucks and baby boys!! Wow I cannot believe Nolan will be 2 in two months!! I remember when he was 7 months old :)
    You are a great mum and you are doing a fantastic job. Keep doing what you're doing, parking near the carts (trolleys to me lol) and thinking one step ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Natalie- the fact that you've managed the shopping cart thing is so awesomesauce. Way to be! And you're right- time simply flies. But what a cool way to zip along... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're doing great, mama!
    If you find that magic to slow down time, could you pass it on to me please?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited to hear about all of your adventures with the boys! :) And yes, I still can't believe that we're all about to have TWO year-olds!! That is just crazy... I remember reading about Nolan's infancy, which I swear was yesterday!

    Hope you all are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're doing great with the multi-tasking! I'm impressed!

    And oh I can't wait until Fall :) Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you sound much more together at this stage than I did when #2 arrived. I was tired -- my toddler would wake up every night when the baby woke to feed and wait to come our bedroom until after we put her back to sleep. every night. each time.
    I thought my husband would have to commit me....and I secretly wanted him too! ha ha
    but it all smoothed out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nolan will do great, but I understand the anxiety of leaving him. All of a sudden I feel a strong urge to keep T at home because at some point they HAVE to go to school, you know? Ugh.

    Anyway, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bet Nolan will do great at MDO! Cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nope- but like you said it goes in a blur, so take pictures everyday, find something to smile about everyday and just enjoy as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really interesting when time flies so fast we don't notice little things go big. Nolan will do just fine, he looked like a strong kid. And yeah, I agree decision making and planning out stuffs is really never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So smart to get them napping at the same time.

    With my first baby, we used to wait until she seemed tired before we put her down. It wasn't until she went to daycare at a year old that we learned you can actually put them down on a schedule!

    When baby #2 came, I made sure they both had their afternoon nap at the same time - best 90 minutes of my day, some days!

    My 2 were born 19 months apart. Even though my baby is now nearly 8 (wholly moly, talk about how did that happen!), this post resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips