Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Back to School Time!

This Tuesday both boys started Mother's Day Out.


This is a totally different experience from when Nolan started back in 2012, there were no tears or heartstrings being pulled.

When I took Nolan to start his first day of MDO, the only people who had cared for him were myself, my husband, and my in-laws. It was a big shock to his system to go, and it took us a whole month to get him excited about going.

Conley on the other hand has been in childcare (for just one hour) at the barre classes I attend and at the YMCA. Those times were hard for him at first, but he did get used to it. And it made all the difference him going to MDO...he didn't cry...he wasn't clinging to my leg. He was happy to go in and play with the "toy" kitchen. He's only going once a week, so we'll see how that goes when he realizes big brother is going...and he stays with mommy!

Look I even got photos with the two of them close to each other...now that is a miracle!

How is back to school going at your house?

Natalie

13 comments:

  1. AWWW how adorable do they look and they look so excited! I haven't started back to school yet with my daughter but I know I am going to be that mother crying her eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so cute and both getting so big! I hope he loves it and enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet photos - loving Conley's expressions in the first set. So glad all went well. I thought I would cry my son's first day of kindergarten last month, but, surprisingly did not and he did even better. Amazing how fast they grow up. Where's the pause button?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not back until next Tuesday. Tomorrow and Friday are my back to school shopping days. Yeah - last minute shopper, that's me. My kids are all old enough now; to not be that excited about school. ha.
    they will change though when they see all their friends again.
    me -- yes, you can consider me very excited that school is starting NEXT WEEK!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness, the cuteness!
    It's different with child #2, isn't it? Not just that it's a different child, but we're a different mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! So cute! Conley has some great hair.
    We don't have back to school yet. Scarlet starts kindergarten next Friday and Des starts daycare the following Tuesday.
    I am petrified. But I also know we will all adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute! We were away on the first day of school (my mom in law had the kids) so I have no first day of school pictures! First year ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! School starts for us tomorrow. It will be the first day of kindergarten at a brand new school. I'm praying that everything goes smoothly, and that I don't sob too much :) Hope you're having a nice holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute and so big!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are absolutely both SO ADORABLE!! Hope they had fantastic first days!-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot believe how big they are! We stared MDO too and the baby is just there one day a week but wow! I have several hours all to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious!!! Hope he has loved it!!!!! They are both getting so big and so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips