We've done this a few times on accident, and I'm sure we aren't the only ones who have.
I didn't know about it because my husband is the one who gets up super early for work, so I had no idea until I got in my car.
I was getting it ready for our first KMB event when I noticed my glove box was open, my console was open, and a birthday card I had ready for a friend was open.
My stomach dropped. First I thought...did I do that, was I looking for something? Was my husband looking for something?
Then I knew. Someone had been in my car. And that someone stole my iPod out of my car.
It's an older iPod Nano from 2007 or 2008, so it's not about the value.
It's the invasion in MY GARAGE and in MY CAR. It makes me angry, frustrated, and just plain out violated. Nothing in our garage or my car was taken which leaves me with the impression it is one of the punk kids across the street. Because who leaves tools and all the other stuff for an iPod? A kid, that's who. Luckily I don't keep anything of real value in my car but just to think someone touching my things makes me want to throw up. It just disgusts me that we have to worry about this type of problem in our homes and neighborhoods. And what about my kids? What if it had been someone to break into the house...or worse after my kids? Just the thought of this gives me chills and full of fear.
It pretty much ruined my whole day because I was so angry at the situation. I can't imagine how people feel when someone steals items from inside your home. It's just such a violation, you know?
Anyhow it's my birthday today, so I will try to get over my rant on this. Maybe a Starbucks run and a glass of wine at dinner will help, don't you think?
Natalie

I am so sorry! I know the feeling... our house was broken into before we were married, and although nothing was taken {thanks to our dog}, I was so pissed that I felt so violated. It was almost WORSE than having something taken from us. We didn't sleep well that night, and a few others after that... and had an alarm installed the next day.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy every second of it... and your wine :) xo
I am so very sorry. We had someone break in our home a few years ago - my husband stepped out and left the door cracked, I was in the shower, and my daughter was in bed asleep. The guy was only in the house for a few minutes (long enough to take purses, and a camera that were sitting near the door)...but for days after I couldn't shake the fear of how much worse it could have been. We are now very careful about doors and locks.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!! I hope you are able to celebrate your day, and take your mind off of all of the bad feelings. You deserve a good day and some wine.
Oh no honey.I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hate that there are people out there who have no problem doing something like thast. But you know that if it happened to them they would be so upset. I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteBut HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Oh I am so sorry! That is scary and it's a horrible to feel violated like that!! Try to enjoy your birthday!
ReplyDeleteFirst, Happy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so very sorry that happened! It's so scary & terrible to be violated in your own home. I hope that you are able to have a great day!!
JERKS. Hope they enjoy all your old lady music. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry!!! And on your birthday too those brats.
ReplyDeleteWe had one of our pumpkins stolen on halloween - and I was fuming about that. And it just happened to be my youngest daughters that she had decorated herself. So good on ya punk - ya just ruined the night for a 4 year old.
We had a break on our street during the summer - we were away camping at the time. But the people who it happened to were home. Bad guy met the business end of a shot gun thanks to the man of the house being home. Nobody got hurt - he just held him until the police arrive.
So I am usually thankful that nothing happens when we are home -- I try to keep positive and think "who cares what they take if we aren't there. it's all replaceable."
Course, if we are home - that's a bad night right there for Mr Bad Guy, since the cops are already at my house. ha! good luck with that mr sticky fingers.
I'm so sorry. My husband used to leave his wallet in the car because where he grew up you could do things like that and not worry. It drove me crazy being a city girl and all. One night some kids broke the window and stole his wallet. We know it was kids based of their purchases, $50 at Jack in the Box???
ReplyDeleteI was so mad and it feels like such a violation to have someone steal from your driveway. But at least he doesn't leave his wallet in the car anymore so it won't happen again.
Happy Birthday! I am so sorry that this had to happen to you. I do feel like it is a total violation. A few years ago, my parents were away and for some reason (I think our house was being painted), my older daughter and I stayed the night at their house. When my hubby arrived the next morning he found our car window shattered all over the driveway. Needless to say, it was very scary.-Ashley
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry honey! That is a huge violation of your self and your personal space, so it wasn't only an old iPod that was taken, it was your feeling of safety they stole too! Have the inside of your car detailed - it might at least get that icky feeling out of your head when you sit in the driver's seat.
ReplyDeleteFirst, happy birthday!! I'm visiting from Our Your Heart Out. So very sorry about the break-in, I cannot imagine how terrified you were. Glad the family was safe!!
ReplyDeleteoh no!!! I hate that feeling!! I had my car broken into twice in high school and it makes you feel so awful!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll start on the positive - Happy Birthday!! My car was broken into in Hoboken, NJ once. Nothing was taken and I imagine someone got caught in the act, but things were all strewn about. It gave me the creepiest, most violated feeling ever. And of course, it could have been so much worse, but it made my blood boil just the same.
ReplyDeleteUgh! That probably was a neighborhood kid, but still. It's such an unsettling feeling. Do you have an HOA and maybe can mention it that way or speak with some of your neighbors? Might be a chance the parents will notice their child suddenly has an iPod and you'll get it back. Glad nothing further was taken and you all are ok minus a little shaken up.
ReplyDeleteOn the positive side, happy birthday!! Definitely get that coffee and wine. You've earned both. :) Hope your day has been wonderful!
This happened to one of my friends, Sally. She always leaves her vehicle unlocked, because it's a "hunk of junk" per her description. But she did keep misc. change in the vehicle…. one morning she went to her vehicle and papers were all over the place, it was a mess and she didn't make it nor did her husband. But get this… the thieves… they stole quarters, nickels and pennies… but left the dimes! Had to be kids, thinking that the dimes weren't worth much because they were small.
ReplyDeleteThat's the worst feeling ever! So sorry , lady! Hope the rest of your birthday went better than this morning!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, that's just awful!
ReplyDeleteI do hope you had a lovely birthday. xo
So sorry it happened to you! Weird thing, the exact same thing happened to me!!! I went out and my truck was open, and then the glove box, middle console was also open and things pulled apart. They took nothing ( I had just brought my 2008 ipod back into the house with me!!!). It is such a violation though!
ReplyDeleteOh my word, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would definitely feel violated and just plain TICKED off! It does sound like a kid who did it too. So sad. I hope you had a wonderful birthday regardless. I'm going to check and double check my garage door from now on.
ReplyDeleteUgh!! I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure it just made you sick! I hope it didn't totally ruin your birthday!
ReplyDeleteOh no, that's awful! So sorry it happened, and on your birthday too!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good celebration though. Hugs!
Oh no! I'm glad nothing else was taken. I'd be so mad, though! I'm glad they didn't get into your house.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful birthday! xo
Oh girl I am so sorry! I would have felt horrible and awful too. Glad nothing too valuable was taken but still so so awful
ReplyDeleteOh dang! So scary!!!! That sucks...
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday, Natalie :)
xo