Monday, March 18, 2013

The Luck of the Irish

This weekend was a tough one...Nolan had been sick all week and had missed school.  He then proceeded to get Conley and I both sick.  Nolan was waking up several times a night with a coughing attack where it would basically make him throw up.  Conley had a cough that sounded like a seal and wouldn't nap most days.  And I also had a horrible cough with all kinds of congestion.  Every since I have had these boys I feel like I'm on the verge of a sinus infection after I am sick.  Not sure what is up with that, but while I was pregnant I was basically snotty the whole time.  I am guessing I still have after effects.

But last night, Nolan slept through the night without any coughing fits, and Conley slept pretty soundly too. Let's hope we are on the up and up because these sickies are no joke.  Nolan usually has a pretty strong immune system---but this cold was a doozy.

Now onto "The Luck of the Irish"...we don't do anything particular for the holiday but we are Irish, and both the boys have very Irish names.

Here's a few photos of us sportin' the green! (Sorry if you have already seen these on IG)


Not a lot of photos of Nolan, due to the fact he was Oscar the Grouch yesterday.  Conley and I did have an outing of just the two of us to the grocery store.  Lovin' my new mint capris I just bought and my coral toes!

Nolan and I did a four-leaf clover hand print that I was inspired by from Erin's St. Patrick's Day crafts.  We also continued with our learning poster which was all about rainbows, and we also painted and colored some rainbow printouts.


I wished we had felt better because the weather here was absolutely gorgeous!  Nolan did go to the park with Daddy, and we were able to plant some of our new plants.  Now I need to work on my square foot garden ASAP.

Can you believe it's almost Easter? I am looking for some easy crafts to do with Nolan, so if you have any send me a link!  He's having his party at school this week because they are on "spring break" next week.  I signed up for some snacks, and I found some cute little baskets that I am going to fill with goodies.  I'll be sure to take a photo to share with you guys.

How was your GREEN weekend?

(Are you following on Bloglovin? Don't forget Google Reader is going away in July, so be sure to follow us there!)

Natalie

24 comments:

  1. So sorry about the sickies - I know what you mean! Since the 3 year old started preschool, we have been sick more than we haven't, ugh.
    Glad to hear everyone's feeling better and cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are to cute! So sorry you guys are sick :( oh and I am super jealous of your weather! We are in the midst of a blizzard today- boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sickies are the worst! I'm glad you all are on the mend. Loving all your green and the rainbow board:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ughh I hope you guys feel better soon! Love the mint capris and you know I was totally jealous of your weather! It snowed yestereday and some schools were closed today. This morning Sammy told me the snow as pretty but he is ready to go swimming ;-)

    Here is a cute craft we did last year: http://www.bytesofmemory.com/2012/05/easter-cookies-and-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you all guys will completely feel better. i'm looking for some easy craft to do for easter myself, bet yah i'm digging pinterest already! haha

    if you found any link, please share it to me. :)

    happy new week, you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a great time playing outside. I hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer you all were sick! Your photos look beautiful though and it looks like you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day! I love that craft idea, the learning poster, what a very great idea! Enjoy your week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe I'm sorry everyone was sick, I hope everyone was feeling better! Cute pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots and lots of green! I totally failed on St. Patrick's day this year. Oops! I am sorry you all were sick! Jaxson just came down with the nasty cold yesterday too (kendra had it a week ago). :( I am hoping I cam somehow magically avoid it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you guys are all feeling better now! That's the worst when they can't sleep at night (and you can't either).
    Love your outfits! Hope "Oscar the Grouch" isn't such a grouch today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The babies are keeping us sick over here. As soon as we're better, another cold creeps up.

    We didn't do anything particularly Irish. I even forgot to wear green. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're gorgeous! My son is nine months old - around your younger one's age. He had croup recently and had that seal like barking cough. It didn't last long but it was a bummer! I hate when two or three of us are sick at once. Thinking spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your St. Patricks's day fun!
    I need to start thinking about Easter, it'll be here soon!
    Hope everyone is on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear everyone was sick. But I'm loving all your green cuteness.

    This year is flying by fast! I haven't even begun to prepare for Easter yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate when they are so stuffy and coughing like that, i is the worst.

    And very cute green outfits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor boys. The waking up coughing is always what breaks my heart. I hope they are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know you guys were Irish! I am Irish too, I was born in Belfast and my husband's father was too so my kiddies are like 3/4 Irish or something crazy haha
    Sorry to hear you guys got it bad with the sickies :( But I am loving your outfit and your hair in a ponytail suits you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't blogged much in the past six months, but I saw you mentioned on Emmy Mom's blog today and had to come over and check in on you! I can't believe how big Conley has gotten! He is such a cutie! I'm glad to see ya'll are doing so well, minus dealing with the sickies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these pictures! Hope the sickies are leaving your house for a while! I really can't believe that it is already Easter, but I am soooo looking forward to Spring. I am super jealous that you guys are in short sleeves and capris. Can't wait for warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leah came down with a cold today too, ugh! HOPING that Carter and I don't catch it!!!
    That top left pic of Conley is SOOOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry you were so sick! That was us a couple weeks ago and even D coughs so much that she throws up. I hate when she's sick more than when I am. Hope everyone gets back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you guys are starting to feel better! Your boys look so cute in their green (and your mint pants are fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry you guys were so sick! That is so hard on a Mama. Glad things are looking up. =)
    You guys look so cute in your green. LOVE your mint green capris!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips