Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall is in the Air

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.  It always gives me the feeling of something new---like when I used to start a new year of college.

Today as I was driving and feeling the crisp, fall air I took a trip down memory lane.

-Homecoming and football games
-Working on the Homecoming float
-Sorority rush
-All Homecoming events-Lip Sync, Rope Pull, Pyramid
-Welcoming the freshman to campus (I was a freshman orientation leader, at our college we called them PEP leaders)
-Spending time with my boyfriend (now my husband--we spent summers apart throughout college)
-Playing flag football & soccer intramurals
-New notebooks and books
-The warm feeling of wearing a sweater and jeans
-Drinking hot coffee on a brisk morning

Now as I get older I have more reasons to love fall:
-Nolan's birthday in October
-My wedding anniversary in September
-My birthday in November (well you know you don't enjoy them as much as you get older!)
-Celebrating on the holidays with my now family of four
-Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks (YUM-YUM!)

What are your favorite things and memories of fall?

19 comments:

  1. I love this time of year too. It puts me in such a happy and sentimental/melancholic mood :-) The weather, the pumpkin drinks and foods, the holidays, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely football games
    Marching band competitions (in high school)
    Sorority Rush and all of the new back to school mixers
    Cooler weather!! (although it's usually October and sometimes later before we get that in SC!)
    My wedding anniversary in October!
    My annual Theta weekend retreat in October!
    FOOTBALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my absolute favorite season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how fall just feels like a fresh start! I love having the windows open and baking all of the delicious fall treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the fall! What a great trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting ready for the holidays. Hot apple cider and anything pumpkin. Plus, the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is my favorite season as well! I love it all... the apples, the decorations, the falls, etc... I loved it even more when I lived in Wisconsin and got to experience it to its fullest... it's not the same now in Texas but still love the fact that it is not as hot anymore... (ok 89 degrees today... but still... not as hot!) ... I smelled coffee on your post! Hopefully you'll join our Coffee Party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite thing about fall, reading about fall. Gosh, time sure flies. I still remember it like it was just yesterday that I was reading about how you love fall and all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the things I miss most is Starbucks! My birthday is soon so it always means fall for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is my favorite too-- though I miss the real change of seasons and leaves changing here in CA-- though we do get some actually.

    I love football, lots of fall birthdays in my family (including my own), the fall clothes. It is a great season

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Fall for the food and coffee drinks! Plus I love to have family snuggle time on Sundays and just lay around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fall! I was always a cheerleader so Friday night football was super exciting.
    Now I love decorating for Fall, pumpkin patches with the kids, Halloween, the weather change to cool but not yet cold and lots of photo opportunities. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to LOVE fall however when I moved to the CA desert we go from 100 to a version of our winter. I really miss the smells and sights of fall.
    Love your list. I would add fall provides honeycrisp apples!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect day to think about fall! I love picking pumpkins, making apple crisp, and going every year to our cherished Pumpkin Festival a few miles away. Oh, taking long walks and looking at the beautiful foliage is a favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a summer girl, but I am looking forward to the cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's funny, even though now married with children and thick in the whole "Back to school" routine, I still think back to days of youth and what this time meant: Frosh week, Homecoming, dorm parties, and coffee on the "concrete beach" - that was the area around the campus community centre and the hub of most social activity. besides the line up outside the CPR tavern on Thursday nights - ha!

    I think I still think back fondly because it was such a time of complete freedom. utter freedom.
    as opposed to now: no freedom! I am stuck, buried - with children! haha Oh, well -- it is kind of like hanging out with drunk freshmen some days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. With fall comes the infamous fall cold, which I think I got from M. How nice of him ;) I just love the crispness of the air. It always feel like the air is cleaner in the fall. But maybe that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Times do certainly change, but yes, Fall always brings something exciting with it--I can't wait for more football, festivals, and cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So when I hear of Pep rallies in movies, is that what it is? Welcoming new Freshman??
    I love how Fall is an awesome time of year for you, with all the holidays and countdown to Thanksgiving and Christmas I am not surprised! Our Autumn is just a countdown to cold, wet weather with winter not far away :( I don't love it as much lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips