Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Beach-Bike and Golf Style

I didn't really know what to expect when we rented our bikes, since I haven't been on one since I was a kid.  However, it is like they say---it's like riding a bike.  You seriously don't forget.  It was a lot of fun even at 7 months pregnant.  Nolan rode with daddy, and you have to be careful when getting off the bike because that 30 lb toddler will flip the bike.  Nolan loved the ride, and even fell asleep!  I couldn't believe it because he is not a big napper unless he's in his crib.  We even got to ride on the beach which was super cool and a great way to experience it.  I have to say that was my favorite part of the trip.
I also forgot to mention how great he was on the car ride both ways. We only stopped twice on the way down and once on the way back. He only napped an hour on the way and only 40 minutes on the way back so that wasn't much since it was a 6 hour drive one way. We shared lots of snacks, and a lot of the "Nolan do you see the truck or motorcycle?" game. I really couldn't have asked for a better trip in the car. I really didn't know what to expect since he hadn't been in the car for a long trip since Christmas.

On the last full day of our trip, we had dinner at the Ocean Course which is also where the PGA Tour Championship is going to be played this August.  The course was gorgeous! 

Nolan loved to watch the construction at the pool!

To end the trip, Nolan and daddy surprised me with an early Mother's Day present--a pedi at the luxury spa at the Sanctuary Hotel. It was wonderful and just what I needed!

It was a wonderful time with my little family, and I can't believe we'll be adding another one in less than 12 weeks!

34 comments:

  1. Ha! Nolan loved the construction at the pool! With all that scenery---those yellow and orange machines got him! :)

    Glad y'all had a great car ride. That makes things so much better. It does look truly beautiful there! I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nolan is way too cute! I'm itching to pinch him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute with your bump. I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pedi is always a great way to end (or start) a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow you are getting close! That would be so fun to ride bikes on the beach. And good job dad on the mother's day present

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip!! The bike ride sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to ride the bikes on the beach!

    You guys look amazing in your family portrait! Yeah to a little mama pampering too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y'all are too cute! I am excited to go bike riding in Destin this summer! Glad you got a little pampering in and had easy drives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all had such a good time! You look so good, Natalie! Hope these last weeks are special ones with Nolan, before you add Boy #2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the pics! You really look so great! I can't believe less than 12 weeks until baby #2! Crazy! So glad you guys had a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so cute on the bike! And what a great Mother's Day gift :) I'm glad you had a great vacation with your family of three! You look so awesome by the way, and you've definitely popped

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, those father/son bike photos are just too sweet! :) What a great vacation! You have inspired me to look at the Carolinas for our next vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Less than 12 weeks! You've hardly got any time at all! Great pics - looks like everyone had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What sweet boys you have spoiling you on Mother's Day! Looks like a blast on the bikes...I've been wanting to get Meyer on one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great trip!!! Love all of your pictures!!! You look so pretty!! Your belly is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys are such a good looking family! I'm so glad you had a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. sounds like a wonderful trip. every year we say we're going to get bikes and ride along the ocean here. we keep putting it off for some reason. it's so going back on the list! You've re-inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hon - I give you major, big time kudos and a high 5 WAY UP high for riding a bike while pregnant. I lost all sense of balance and coordination while pregnant - haha.

    what a gorgeous spot for a ride and bravo also to hubby and Nolan for mama's surprise pedi. well done boys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad Nolan enjoyed the bike ride. We're wanting to take Donut but I'm nervous about how she'll react to it. Where'd you get his helmet? Did he keep it on ok?

    ReplyDelete
  20. We were just at Kiawah a month ago. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an awesome vacation! You look so great btw!
    Glad you had a fun time and had some special memories as a 3-some.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohoo! Kudos to you for getting on a bike when you're so pregnant. I'm not sure I could have kept my balance! :)

    How awesome is it that Nolan was such a good little tripper in the car?! Every once in a while we drive the four hours to my parents' house, and Cam isn't usually too bad, but he requires a LOT of entertainment! We often hook up the iPad to the back of the seat in front of him and play movies for him. He still doesn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like such a great vacation. I love your bump-adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely photos. Good times! You look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. looks and sounds like a great time..good for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love those golf course shots!
    And what a great Mother's Day surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bet he could watch construction work for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. YAY!!! I'm glad y'all had such a great trip....riding bikes on the beach is SO fun!!! Those pics on the golf course are beautiful too!! I'm glad Nolan did so well in the car...high fives to the soon to be big brother:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looks like it was such a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww what a fun trip for you guys!! And it's funny how much fun bike riding can be! I don't ride much either but when I ride my kids' bikes haha funny how I fit them, I think, wow bike riding is fun lol I'm a goof...

    Nolan looks so much like your hubs! and you are such a beautiful preggo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad to know you had a wonderful family time. Nolan is really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips