It's that time of the week again...TA DA: Life's Lessons with Sara and Rach! Here's the lessons I got schooled with in my neck of the woods.
1) Roofing companies just want to see your insurance adjuster sheet so that they can make their estimate higher. Why do you need to see this? Just give me a quote just like you would if I told you I wanted to replace my roof. But no...pushy roofing companies and "storm specialists" say we can work directly with your insurance to make this a smooth process. Oh of course you will! That way you can squeeze every last dollar out of the insurance company and myself.
2) I need to block the Bravo channel. I really watch too much of it...from the Housewives to Flipping Out. I really need to get myself under control and quit watching these marathons!
3) I had forgotten how nice it is to go to a nice restaurant. Because when you have a little one you don't dare show your face in these establishments. However if you happen to have a mother-in-law who loves watching her grandson---take her up on it and go to a nice dinner!
4) Ok I am officially addicted to all things cloth. Cloth diapers that is! I ordered my last items that I needed that I had put off for one reason or another so cloth diapering websites you can no longer lure me in with deals or coupons! I have all I need now so leave me alone and quit showing me your cute colors and prints!
5) My cairn terrier Teddy is extra sensitive to citrus. If you have an orange, he'll come up and think it's something else and once you put it close to his nose he'll start sneezing and backing away. Whenever we take him to be boarded like we did over the 4th, he always comes back sneezing because of the all natural products they clean with---and that of course means citrus. He's been sneezing for like a week because of this!
6) Is it really almost August?! I cannot believe that it will be fall before I know it. I'm not complaining because it is my favorite time of year. However this year it will be bittersweet because little baby boy will be turning a year old!
7) My tomato plants are out of CONTROL! I'm going to have like a billion tomatoes to pick soon, so I better get some good recipes out. Maybe I'll try to make my own pasta sauce???
8) I can't believe I have over 100 followers! I really didn't think that people would actually read my blog...but they do...or at least they trick me by clicking the follow button. Either way, I am so thankful for all my new bloggy friends! Your comments always make my day.
Alrighty there's my second Life's Lessons...link up and share yours! Have a great weekend everyone!

I looooove this post! I am SO with you on the Bravo thing. I could watch it 24/7. Rocco's Dinner Party is my newest addiction. I was also just thinking about how we are almost to August.. how!?!? Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI remember the fancy dining days. It sure doesn't happen very often for us anymore. :(
ReplyDeleteMy tomato plants are also out of control. But none of them are red yet. Are yours?
Haha. I'm so glad I don't watch any reality tv shows. I just don't have the time for it :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to go out for a fancy dinner! Hope you had a wonderful time! And yes, try making your own pasta sauce...there's tons of recipes online.
My parents were visiting last week. My husband and I had a magical kid-free dinner at Sizzler. Pure bliss. Except for the brownies--they were almost rock hard.
ReplyDeleteThe Bravo channel is seriously my Achilles Heel. No matter how much I have on my "to do" list, I can't pass up an opportunity to watch those ridiculous housewives! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great link-up! :) I love all of your lessons... Especially the one about fighting your addiction to reality TV. I'll admit that I DVR the Housewives (all of them}!! I know it's horrible, but I can't help myself.. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh I'll take some of your tomato plants! I love a summer salad. Heck, I even eat em sliced up plain!
ReplyDeleteInsurance & home repair is the pits!
And I'm all over Bravo tv some days too. Hey, I need a little excitement sometimes. I like drama--just not in my own life!
make my salsa and replace the canned tomatoes for your fresh....yummy!!!
ReplyDeletelove your sweet list. ditto the bravo.
I feel your pain on Bravo. I go into a Housewives coma if I allow myself to. I am so curious about cloth diapers!
ReplyDeleteGreat lessons, Natalie! So please send some tomatoes my way when you have a free moment. Also, our dog does not like veggies. He doesn't sneeze but definitely snubs them. Oh, and have a fantastic weekend!
ReplyDeletei'll be doing a dinner date with my husband when we visit my family. can't wait. as far as Bravo - I can't get enough! it's too good!
ReplyDeleteHey, bottle up some pasta sauce and send a bottle down to Malaysia for me will ya? Congrats on your 100 over followers, I know I'd be as excited as you too if I ever reach 100. Love reading your blog and you totally deserve all the followers you get.
ReplyDeleteIf/when I have another baby, I will be coming to you for some insight on the cloth diapering. Sounds like you have all the answers!
ReplyDeleteI am like that with Hulu all the shows are there so I just watch them until I cant keep my eyes open!
ReplyDeleteWhy am I not surprised that fall is your favorite season...its mine too..haha!! I love everything pumpkin, the leaves, and the return of some cooler weather...plus, i have to admit i really do enjoy football on sundays:) So glad you guys had a nice dinner out...the hubs and I went for our anniversary and it felt weird but we enjoyed it!! Congrats on 100 followers...love your blog:) Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I love that you linked up again!! Reality shows kill me- and I have spent many a day parked in front of them. Those marathons are addicting. I have an amazing homemade pasta sauce recipe- but it makes tons, and it's super easy but long. Let me know if you want it!!
ReplyDeleteThis was fun to read....Send me some tomatoes!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteMe and reality shows? Ack. The only thing that can tear me away is Twitter lol.
ReplyDeleteGreat list! Have a good weekend!
You're so lucky that your tomato plants are going crazy! We have one, and it's dead/maybe just alive enough for bugs to infest and feast on it. I hope you make some yummy things with all your tomatos!
ReplyDeleteI would happily take those tomatoes off your hands. I can eat them like it's nobody's business!
ReplyDeleteBefore I immersed myself in blogging I started watching Millionaire Matchmaker and Millon Dollar Listing on Bravo.
I love Bravo and nice restaurants. My dogs get all crazy when I put citrus near them too.
ReplyDeleteI'll take some of those tomotoes off your hands. Or you could use them to throw at the roofing companies. Just an idea.
ReplyDeleteLOL at #4! I was at at that stage for a time too! I find stuffing inserts really therapeutic. Heh!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you and the hubby got a date night at a nice restaurant!! And yes, tomatoes galore calls for yummy pasta sauce!!
ReplyDeleteI've never watched Bravo or any of the housewives shows. It's a good thing though because I know I'd get hooked.
ReplyDeleteOoh, and I love nice restaurants too! I'm so glad we have family nearby who will watch my son when we want to go out.
Love a chance to go out to dinner!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on over 100 readers! :)
Create a tomato stand (or ship them to your bloggy friends :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteWeird to think that July is almost to an end. Time is moving too quickly!!
I wish your out-of-control tomato plant lived next door to me! Yum, yum, yum!
ReplyDeleteLuckily, I haven't caught any marathons lately, but I do make sure to watch all the Housewives every week. Except Miami. But I refuse to get drawn into any more Bravo shows.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 100+ followers! That is awesome!