Monday, September 22, 2014

A Few Books and a Trip to Houston!

When I was at the beach last week, I did some heavy book reading and finished two books!

I really like the author Diane Loriarity and have read three of her books---The Husband's Secret, Three Wishes, and What Alice Forgot.

In What Alice Forgot, Alice fell and lost 10 years of memories. She thought she was 29 newly married instead of 39 with three children and in the middle of a nasty divorce.

Since she couldn't remember the past 10 years, she had no recollection of her bad feelings for her husband or why they were separated. As you read on, Alice gets glimpses of herself bring bitter and thinking poor thoughts of her husband.

It got me thinking---is that how the road of divorce starts? All happy in love and somewhere down the road we become bitter and can't stand the one we are with? It really was an interesting and eye opening book, and I highly recommend it!

Marriage is not easy and takes a lot of work and compromise. It's a tough journey, and it's hard not to get lost in the day to day routines. On KMB this week, Christie shared about celebrating 10 years of marriage and some tips on what's worked for them. It's a good read!

This weekend I'm heading to Houston for the Sister Site Conference. I AM SO EXCITED! I finally get to meet other site owners that I've known for a year and a few longer than that.

It's the first time I've traveled on a plane and out of town from the kids by myself!

When was the last time you traveled out of town by yourself?




Natalie

9 comments:

  1. I also loved those books! Three Wishes is on my list but the others were good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! My first time traveling out of state without the kids was Baltimore for BlogU in June. Was awesome!
    And that book sounds amazing. I hope... they saved the marriage in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an interesting book. And yeah - I tend to think that most things start as a slow fade. and you just end up someplace you never thought you'd be one day.
    I haven't been out of town on my own in over a year. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Husband's Secret! And I'm dying to read What Alice Forgot.
    Have fun in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous that you've had time to read. Gotta make time to dig into a good book! I just traveled to San Diego with two girlfriends, kid free about a week ago. It was only over night but it was awesome! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a few people recommend What Alice Forgot. I'm going to need to download it on my Kindle soon!

    Loved seeing all the pics from Houston! Missed y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great time!

    That book made me think about that too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should say hope you DID have a great time - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like some great books, and yes I think it does start off with the little things, the little grudges, the little complaints- then if you let those fester and boil soon all you will be noticing are the things that bother you and will totally miss out on the good and love. That is why it is so important to always look for the good and the positive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips