Nolan has been attending Little Gym since last September on Monday nights with Daddy. It has been amazing to watch my little boy come out of his shell and be a little more adventurous. His temperament has always been on on the more reserved...more cautious side. Recently though he's been becoming more independent and trying to get out of his comfort zone. It's amazing to watch him branch out and become his own little person.
My husband was out of town, so for the first time I had to take Nolan to Little Gym while my mother-in-law watched Conley. I have not been out of the house with just Nolan in 10 months! Obviously when you do the math, that's the exact age of Conley. So to celebrate, we headed to get some ice cream after Little Gym. It was so fun to just be with my little man. I really have missed the one-on-one time with him and can't wait to have more dates with him in the future.
He's at such a fun age, I just want to freeze time and enjoy it to the fullest.
Do you make time for one-on-one dates if you have more than one child?

When Alex was a little over one and Lucas 3 we had one on one dates once a week. He hit the terrible 3's big time and was going crazy so I knew we needed some extra time and I had a friend who was nice enough to watch Alex once a week for me while he and I went out, it was great.
ReplyDeletetoo funny that you just posted this. I was talking with Eric last night about how we need to start doing this with the girls!
ReplyDeleteI had a little one on one time with my daughter this weekend. It was so much fun. We went to a birthday party and hung out a little bit after.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had a date like that with my son in several months.
I want to continue to take them out and do thing one-on-one. It's different when they can get your full attention. Feels special.
It took me so long. In the beginning the baby nursed nonstop and I felt very attached. I missed my daughter so much. These days we try to split up occasionally on weekends - my husband takes her somewhere while I take the baby, or my husband takes the baby and I go on a date with my daughter. Ideally we all four hang out, but I think it's important to split up too. As you know! The boy is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteNolan's smile is too precious!
ReplyDeleteObviously I've just got the one but we've always said when we have more we will make time to spend with our kids one on one! I think it's important!
What a cutie.
ReplyDeleteAnd oye...one on one time is probably the One Thing I'd get Grade F in. With 3 of them and a shift worker husband is nigh to impossible. The youngest one is not in school, so we have days that are just the two of us. but middle and eldest - very rare. I'm usually taking the whole clan off somewhere.
But I do tuck them in each night -- that's their 5 minutes with mom at the end of the day.
Yes, it's important and fun to spend one-on-one time with the biggest. I take my oldest out at least once a week, just the two of us. Sometimes, it's just to run errands but at least, we are together :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had time with Nolan!
Aww so sweet spending time with the big boys! I'm so glad you were able to do that:)
ReplyDeleteAwww his little smile says it all! That's great you were able to take some time for just the two of you!
ReplyDeleteaww yay for the one on one date! We have been trying to setup more of these for Tim and Sammy to build that bonding time!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you two got some time to yourself! I bet he has been missing that without even knowing it :)
ReplyDeleteI just have Owen right now, but I will definitely try to make dates for he and I when another one comes along. I love our times together :)
Those one-on-one times are really something special aren't they! Glad you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteI have 3 to spread the love around for and spending that time requires conscious planning. Whoops, 4 - including the hubs :)
If we ever have a #2, I definitely plan on doing special things with just Aubrey because we need our own bonding time too.
ReplyDeleteHow fun just the 2 of you! I'm going to miss my one-on-one time with D, but I do plan on making an effort to spend some good quality time alone with each child. In the meantime, I'm trying to do fun things with D, just the 2 of us.
ReplyDeleteOh yah for the one on one date!!! It is so special when you do this!It builds the bonding time! Such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteThat's so nice that you got some alone time out with Nolan. I am sure he enjoyed having you all to himself :) I hope when Baby #2 comes, I'll still have Mommy & Gwen time every now and then.
ReplyDeletei agree that totally is such a fun age! so glad you were able to take nolan to little gym and enjoy some time with him!
ReplyDeletei think that this is so important to try to do when you have more than one little one... my brother and sister in law have 4 kids, and they try to take turns having date nights with each child separately and you can tell it means SO much to them when it is their turn!
ReplyDeleteI don't make enough time for one on one dates. Most of ours happen spur of the moment - but they are always treasured! I'm glad you had this time with your boy!
ReplyDeleteI always so much fun when I am out with just my oldest...doesn't happen very often, but when it does I love it! :)-Ashley
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't happen very often, but I love it when it does. The last time I went out with my youngest, we went to lunch. It was fun just talking to him without his siblings around. It's funny the things you learn when you do that!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Good job on doing one on ones. I cannot be easy!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Father's Day to your husband. It sounds like he sure has a lot of fun "gifts" coming his way. We're a lot alike; I also like to give presents that are more "experience" oriented like going white water rafting as opposed to buying a tie. I know he'll have special memories of this father's day!
ReplyDeleteHi Natalie! Sorry I have taken so long to visit you, I am getting back into my blogging now and hopefully will be better at it!
ReplyDeleteThis is so great that you got a little one on one time with Nolan, I bet you both enjoyed every minute!!