Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Busy As a Bee

Happy October Friends!  It's been busy round these parts so I apologize for the lack of posts.

I am happy to report that Nolan is doing much better at Mother's Day Out and has even been marked "happy" on his report card.  Today he actually ate his lunch with a big step since he hasn't been eating there at all.  It took a few weeks of trying and picking him up before nap time to get to this point.  I believe we are going to keep picking up before nap time that way he plays there in the morning and naps at home in the afternoons.  He takes a 2 1/2 to 3 hours in the afternoon and when we tried to have him nap at MDO he only napped for 30 minutes which equals a cranky toddler for Mommy!

He's also had two weeks at Little Gym on Monday nights with Daddy.  Apparently he is having a blast and anytime he hears some music he is bustin' a move.  He was literally doing a pop 'n' lock routine the other night instead of doing the gym activity...I guess the boy can't resist a good beat!  Next week I am going to have to try to sneak in and videotape his killer dance moves.  My husband says he just can't help but laugh at his silly boy dancing away in the middle of the gym! 

Conley is doing great and is growing like a weed.  He's doing really well at sleeping at night...we still have some gas issues but it has definitely improved.  He's such a smiley baby compared to Nolan.  Nolan was such a serious baby, and it took us forever to get our first smile.  Conley will smile and try to talk to us which is just the sweetest thing!

Nolan loves playing on Conley's play mat (used to be Nolan's)...I can't get over how big he looks next to Conley.  He's such a big boy.  Especially when I put him in his fall shoes and jeans...I feel like I have a 4 year old boy...not an almost 2 year old!

My anniversary was Saturday, but we are going out to a nice restaurant while my mother-in-law watches the boy.  This will be my first time away from Conley, so I'm sure I'll be a little anxious.

Well that's a little run down of what's going on over in these neck of the woods...and I'll leave you with this photo of my growing boy!

18 comments:

  1. Yes, you do have to sneak and capture him on video!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew you guys have been busy! We so need a video of Nolan's dance moves! I'm glad sleeping has been going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see him dancing! Kids are so darn cute when they dance. Always brings a smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear both your boys are doing great!! I can't wait to see that video of Nolan busting a move:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe we have this swing. he loves it, always falls right asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love watching them together?

    Monkey was a more serious child too, and his little brother is way more smiley. Must be a second child thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love watching them grow together. It really is the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like things are getting a little better! Yea!! And yes, i would totally pick him up early too- especially if he is just going to come home and sleep for a long time then you are still getting a break anyway- just stuck at home break.

    I do hope you get a video of his dance moves

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute boys you have. You will definitely have to sneak in a video camera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love to see the dance actions captured in video, you should do that and post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have two beautiful boys!

    Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see him bustin a move! Glad MDO is going better and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, definitely sneak in there and get some video! toddler dancing is the best :)

    what is with those playmats - my older ones always tried to squeeze in there with the baby too. I have a pic of all 3 of mine squeezed under ours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so darn cute! And you're right, they are getting so big! I love the picture of them laying side by side :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad that he's doing so much better at MDO! Huge succes :) I'm glad that you're figuring out a routine/schedule that works for him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post. First of all, I am thrilled that Nolan is enjoying his time away from you more!

    The rest of your post totally reminded me of my kids. Cam loves dancing too. And isn't it incredible how BIG the toddler seemed as soon as a baby is introduced into the family?! Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh Conley is growing so fast!! Which makes Nolan look even bigger and older :) Such cute boys, I have enjoyed watching Nolan grow, I cannot believe he is approaching 2 already!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy late Anniversary! i hope y'all had a great night out!
    The boys are both getting so big. It's so neat to watch them grow and change. Yep, video of N's dancing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips